Saturday, February 16, 2008

Will Walk for Food

OH MY GOSH!!!! I'm dying over here. My child walked for the first time last night! Not just like 1 maybe 2 steps but 3, then 4, then.....!! We captured it all on film too. Just to fill all of you in, my little monkey didnt even crawl til she was 1, and she only did it because we put food in front her, which is her main motivation for anything. My little girl is an eater! So we tried the same approach for walking and sure enough it did the trick. So now at just shy of being 15 months old she has taken her first steps to walking and soon to be running all over the house. Go Monkey!!!!!!

Please ignore the mess behind the glorious moment that is taking place. Also take note of how she claps for herself. So funny!

Just some dance moves in between all the walking

This 15min after her first original steps, and she's already doing so good :) I was so proud lol

5 comments:

daveandlisa said...

How fun! It's so exciting when they start walking!!!

Thanks for responding to my post the other day. I'm sure that we haven't ever met. I think the last time I even saw Chris was when he was thinking of getting engaged. So it's been quite awhile. I hope we can meet sometime soon. That's really cool that you are Tiffany's cousin. I love Tiffany. She is such an awesome person. She said that I was a little harsh on her though in my last post to you when I said that she stole my boyfriend in high school. While that is a true statement, in her defense she had no idea what she was getting into. My then boyfriend failed to mention to her that he already had a girlfriend. So it really wasn't her fault and it turned out to be a great thing anyway cause I probably never would've met her otherwise. Just had to clear that up for Tiffany's sake.

The Van Fam said...

How my gosh! Holy cow! No way! I can't believe miss Jayda is walking! And for food! That is too funny! What a big girl!!! I want to see it in person! Oh she is just so munchie in her little jammies! By the way I did get your message, but when I got it I wasn't home and I haven't had a time to check your blog until just now! Well tell the little one congrats on her new achievement! Haha! Time to go buy cute new shoes for those little walkers!

Julie said...

I love it! It is so much fun and she has got some moves too! I know how it feels to have an eater and one who wants to do things on her own time. But from here she will just take off. Its crazy how fast they just learn it and go! WE need to get these little chubbers together one day to meet!

tiffany knox said...

Okay, thanks Lisa for that comment..I feel better! denee' I had no idea that our baby girls were the same age! Ciera is 14 months and started walking last week officially. Im right there with you. good job for capturing it on tape- that never happens!
talk to you soon!

Joey and Ashley said...

Oh my gosh Denee! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life! haha! She is so cute! I cant believe Denee has a kid that is walking...Of course she is walking just to get food! haha! :)