Wednesday, August 8, 2007


Poor Jayda has been sick since our Mexico Trip but I think we've finally gotten it under control. We thought she just had a little cold while we were in Mexico so the Monday after we got home I took her to the doctor just incase, and because I didnt want her to get an ear infection. Well the Doctor started to check her out as I'm telling her how she's had a cold and that I wanted to nip it in the bud before she got an ear infection and the Doctor's like...."well it's a little late for that, because she already has one in both ears!!" I FELT SO BAD!!! Jayda's a trooper though because I wouldn't have known she even had one. She wasn't fussy or grabbing at her ears. Well we went to get her prescription filled at the local Walgreens and started our 10 day battle against the durn things. We tried to keep her fever down and stayed up the next couple of nights with her sucking out her nose so she could breath, and just trying to make her the most comfortable we could. 3 or 4 days went by and she wasnt showing any signs of being better which she was supposed to be doing. So we call the after hours clinic and they say that it'll just take time for the antibiotic to get rid of it, and to just keep giving her medicine for the pain. OK COMING FROM A MOM'S POINT OF VIEW......Dont tell me to wait it out and that my child will be fine!! I WANT RESULTS NOW FOR MY BABY! hahaha so I take her down to an after hours clinic for a second opinion. Sure enough her antibiotic wasn't strong enough and they thought she might have strep. After some tests we found out that it wasnt strep just some viral thing and we got a prescription for something stronger. That was saturday and now 4 days later I can tell my little Jayda is almost back to her happy little self again. I hope this will be the last time she gets any ear infections....at least for awhile. We're grateful she's feeling better though, and know to ask for the more powerful stuff next time :)

3 comments:

bailey grant said...

Just look at that cute baby! she is hilarious! I'm so glad she is feeling better!

taytum said...

There isn't anything worse than a sick baby! They can't tell you what's up and so you just have to try and do your best to make them comfortable! Yuck! I'm glad that she is getting better!

The Van Fam said...

Oh baby girl! Thats so sad! I hate it when Trey is sick. It totally makes me cry b/c I feel so bad and don't know what to do to make him feel better! He had a fever last night but this morning he is all better thankfully!